Thursday 29 May 2014

Wilder Web



A fascinating article on trigger warnings for university texts.

The tragedy at Isla Vista was awful. So, so awful that I have been trying to avoid reading about it lest I sink into a deep depression. Avoiding it altogether has proved difficult though. Which is a good thing, because along with all the awfulness, some really smart, sensible things are being said. Dude, It's You is one of those good things. 
"If you just want to get laid and you don’t care how, the problem is you."

The return of Laura Vincent's Crush Cakes, this time on The Toast, is making me very happy. Here's her offering to Beyonce.


"I take the responsibility of playing another ethnicity very, very seriously, and I promise myself and those people that I will represent them with as much dignity and integrity as I can muster. I’m not fooling around. I don’t want to make a fool of that cultural heritage. I represent them as I would represent my own."

Just put this on repeat and the rest of your day will be so full of joy ~



Sword fights! Boobies! The Game of Thrones theme, Modern Maori Quartet styles ~


(via Eb)

Gendered Marketing. Shop smart, people! ~ 

(via Naiomi)

No comments:

Post a Comment